There are a lot of stereotypes out there regarding marijuana users. Many people think of the classic do-nothing stoner when they hear the phrase, but in actuality, people from many different walks of life are now using marijuana medicinally or recreationally in places where it’s legal. Here are some of the types of people that use legal marijuana today.
– Wealthy Professionals. Many people are now using marijuana to relax and unwind after a long day. These people often feel that cannabis is better for their bodies than drinking alcohol. Because of the health effects of smoking, wealthy professionals are more likely to invest in weed vaporizers, including expensive desktop vapes, high-end portables, and stylish weed vaporizer pen models.
– Middle Aged Parents. There are many people in their 40s and 50s who grew up not being able to legally use marijuana who are now using cannabis with a wax vape pen (See VaporPlants) or who are smoking marijuana. Often, these people are not the type that you would expect to use cannabis.
– Former Hippies. People who used marijuana during the 1960s when the drug was part of the hippie scene are now reliving their youth with legal cannabis. Former hippies are more likely to smoke marijuana the way they once did rather than to use weed vaporizer pens and other vapes.
– Technologically Inclined Individuals. Cannabis is popular with people of all ages in the tech industry. In fact, the founders of Firefly, one of the leading manufacturers of portable vaporizers were previously employed at prestigious tech companies, including Apple, before the met and started their own company.
– Creative People. When marijuana was part of the counter culture movement of the 1960s, the drug was popular with musicians, poets, writers, and artists. Today, creative people are now using marijuana legally to spark their creativity.
– People with Serious Medical Conditions. Many people today are using a weed vaporizer pen to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment and to treat conditions like epilepsy, post-traumatic stress disorder, and glaucoma. Doctors are now even recommending that children with certain neurological disorders use a weed vape pen to prevent seizures.
– Athletes. Many professional athletes, college athletes, and Olympic athletes report that smoking marijuana or using a weed vaporizer pen helps them to relax prior to a competition, so that they don’t choke under pressure. Extreme sports athletes and surfers often use cannabis to give them a greater rush when they’re in the middle of their activities.
This list is by no means an exhaustive one, but it does drive home the idea that all kinds of people are using marijuana today for various reasons. There really isn’t a stereotypical cannabis user, mainly because there are so many reasons why people may be inclined to smoke weed or use weed vaporizers.