‘Detox’ is short for ‘detoxification.’ A marijuana detoxification relates to the period of time after you stop smoking marijuana.
The term actually refers to the natural process your body goes through in removing unwanted marijuana toxins left over from smoking weed. However when most people use the term ‘marijuana detox’ they are referring to something that can help the process go faster, so that the body can be rid of all marijuana toxins in less time.
A natural marijuana detox is a term used in modern times, and obviously refers to going through the process of removing toxins, naturally, without man-made detox kits or any artificial ingredients.
Why Use Natural Marijuana Detox?
Marijuana has over 420 chemicals in its most natural state. Although the effect of smoking weed is not a long-lasting one, these chemicals do tend to be retained in our system for long periods and become the root of our failure to quit long-term.
Marijuana residue reside in the fat cells of your body, and can stay there for months. This is unique to a marijuana addiction and thus, detox is an even more important step in quitting for good when it comes to smoking weed.
Without a complete detox plan, marijuana can reside in your body from 10-90 days. With a detox plan in place, you can rid all marijuana toxins from your body within 2-6 days.
If you would like to detox marijuana at home, you can do it with simple natural ingredients. You don’t need expensive artificial kits or any man-made substances to effectively detox marijuana.
Why Would You Want to Detox Marijuana Quickly?
There are many benefits that come along with going through a marijuana detoxification period at a quicker pace than your body would naturally do so.
- You will certainly experience more energy
- You will feel healthier, more quickly with detox
- You will have toxins out of your body quickly, and make quitting weed altogether easier – avoiding any cravings or withdrawals
- You may wish to pass a marijuana drug test
All of these are valid reasons to go through a marijuana detox at home, and expel toxins from your body as quickly as possible.
How Do You Perform A Natural Marijuana Detox at home?
There are many different natural remedies for getting weed out of your system. All of these methods can be grouped into 4 different categories.
- Exercise – Any good detox plan should involve some sort of exercise – enough to build up a sweat, as sweating is a main source of detoxification
- Herbs – Many special herbs that you can find in your home are good for detoxifying. Many of these herbs can be found in marijuana detox plans
- Special Foods – Some foods will help you expel toxins from your body much quicker than other foods. Bright, fresh vegetables for example can help you detoxify at a quicker rate.
- Vitamins – There are many natural supplements and vitamin pills that can help you detoxify marijuana, some more that others
Used together, these natural marijuana detox strategies are powerful for getting marijuana out of your system and reducing your cravings for marijuana, or getting you through an unexpected drug test quickly.